There are a number of factors you should consider when choosing wheels for your car or SUV:
Width of Wheels
• Will determine the size of tire that is acceptable for a specific application.
• Wider wheels create a larger footprint and provide more stability (summer use).
Offset of Wheels
• This allows you to position the wheel more outward or inward, depending on requirements or
• Having the proper offset ensures proper vehicle handling and improves cosmetic appearance.
• Cars equipped with larger brakes require special wheels that can clear the brake calipers.
Size of Wheels
• The “plus” concept is achieved when you install a larger diameter rim that is over O.E. size
along with a lower profile tire.
• Larger wheels with shorter sidewalls generate a modern look but also increase braking and
Finish of Wheels
• Wheels are available in many shades, including black, silver, chrome and more.
• Choice of finish is the owner’s personal preference as to the intended look for the car.